Our ATM/AIS department (Air Traffic Management / Aeronautical Information Systems) is dedicated to offer competitive IT Solutions and implementations for AIS Related Systems.
During the last 15 years, we have gained valuable knowledge and expertise thanks to the various projects we developed for our ATM/AIS related clients, mainly at EUROCONTROL, but also for ICAO, Thales, Comsoft, Frequentis, Avitech, Airbus, Lufthansa, etc. In this timeframe, we have also brought expertise on various projects through consultancy missions.
Pulsar has also established various partnerships with ATM specialized companies which can bring us their high-level functional expertise in the fields of ATM, e-learning, Safety, Airspace Modelling, etc.
Pulsar is also a member of the ACCB (AIXM Change Control Board).
From 2004 to 2008, Pulsar Consulting, acting as leader of the ITProATM Consortium (composed of 3 companies) was awarded the CFMU Framework Contract for outside technical assistance.
From 2003 to 2008, Pulsar was member of Thales consortia for EATM, and for MIS.
AIS/ATM domain expertise
- Airspace Modelling & Simulations: SAAM, GNSS, List ABC (precursor of RNDSG/RDGE On-line Route Planning Database)
- AICM & AIXM (ACCB Member), OATA, AIRM, AIXM 5.1 Mappings
- Digital NOTAMs & SNOWTAM
- ICAO, Routes and Beacons (5LNC, Navaids, Route Designators, COM beacons, ICARD)
- EAD Database (General European Aeronautics Database at EUROCONTROL)
- ARINC: mapping of ARINC files to AIXM
- Airports delays and related statistics (PACS, CAMACA, ANCM/ANXM, ANIM, Cockpit)
- E-Learning/Web-based Training for ATM
- ATM specific Communication protocols: AMHS, AFTN, CIDIN -> AMC, EDS Bridge
- Human Factors in Aviation & Safety
- Surveillance, Mode S RADARs
- Other ATM-related Data warehouses: PRISME, SAMAD
- Many other AIS aeras of interest
With 12 years’ experience on AIXM models and versions, and many web applications built around AIXM, Pulsar Consulting brings various IT services and Technical Expertise to answer to AIXM 5.1 complexity. Pulsar offers general services as Experts/Implementers, based on its own agile-like methodology, on result orientation, and on fixed price implementation. Not being product owner, there is no potential conflict of interest with client’s needs, and no dependency on AIS COTS or other suppliers’ technologies, which enables best choices related to client’s requests.
Issued from a joint effort of Eurocontrol and FAA, the AIXM 5.1 model, latest aeronautical model with 10 years history, including major versions like AIXM 3.3, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, become a world-wide recognized model, and is more and more implemented in many AIS systems. Version 4.5 is the base data model for the European Aeronautical Database (EAD), and version 5.1 is used by SESAR as a basis for the AIRM (ATM Information Reference Model), part of SWIM (System-Wide Information Management).
In every implementation based on AIXM 5.1, a particular attention must be brought by developers to the following Improvements, with important technical impact: Temporality implementation in the database, the GML usage and geographical representation and standards (WFS, KML, etc), and the Metadata implementation.
Discover below our AIXM competencies, and some examples of applications built on top of versions 4.5, 5.0, & 5.1.
Discover some of our Aeronautical Projects (AIS/ATM).